Wed, 01 Jun|
Night Swim - Oldlands Lake June 1st 9pm
Join outdoor & wild swim specialist Angela Jones and safety team for guided night swim under the stars
Time & Location
01 Jun 2022, 21:00 – 22:45 BST
Old-Lands, Dingestow, Monmouth NP25 4DY, UK
About the Event
Join outdoor and wild swim specialist Angela Jones and safety team at Oldlands Lake for a magical Night swim/Dip( its Up to you how long or how far you fancy swimming )as this is all about Embracing Nocturnal Nature and the benefits to Health and well-being .
This session will take place in the glorious surroundings of a Private lake set in 200 acres of stunning Countryside in monmouthshire ,with a changing hut and eco toilet . Angela will share her many years of winter night swimming knowledge and safety .This small group event has a water safety team to keep us all happy and safe !
finishing with a warm by a firepit and hot Drink and cake to finish.
Chemical and perfumed products worn can harm eco system of lake Please abscond from wearing if swimming in lake Also please make sure wetsuits are clean and fully dried so no cross contamination may occur Thank you .
- Hot Drink & cake
- Event led by highly qualified & fully insured wild swim specialist Angela Jones
- Angela has over 30 years experience swimming the river Wye and Usk
- Welcome & safety briefing
- Advice on reading the river
- Water entry and acclimatisation techniques
- Guidance on swim techniques
- Water safety and event support team
- Wetsuit and tow floats available to hire
- Goggles, head torches, swim hats, water shoes and tow floats available to purchase at event
Meeting Time & Location
- Old Lands / Dingestow Court Estate (Postcode NP25 4DY; OS Grid Reference SO450097) is part of the Dingestow Court estate, and is located just west of the village of Dingestow, 6 km west of Monmouth.There are main roads to Old Lands/Dingestow Court from the south (A449 from Newport), west (A40 from Abergavenny) or east (M50/A40 from Monmouth/Ross-on-Wye). Leave at the A40-A449 junction adjacent to Raglan and drive east on the minor road signed to Raglan and Mitchel Troy (this is a dangerous junction, so please take great care). After just over 1 mile turn left at a cross roads, where the opposite right turn is signed to Penyclawdd and a fishery. After another 600 m turn right at the T junction, with a group of Scots Pines to your right. The drive to Old Lands is on the right after another 200m, with signs saying Old Lands and Gwent Wildlife Trust. Turn in there and the visitor's car park is on the left. For over spill use the Gwent Wildlife car park. Please look out for Swim Wild Wye Sign at entrance.
Equipment & What you need to take part
- Arrive in your swim suit and warm clothes over the top
- Good walikng Shoes /boots for 600m uneven slippery walk to lake(essential)
- Wetsuit (essential)
- Towfloat (can be supplied)
- Head torch (essential)
- Suitable water shoes with a good grip
- Swim hat (essential)
- Warm clothes and bobble hat for after swim
- Wetsuits & towfloats available to hire at the event
- Head torches, change robes, towel robes, towfloats, water shoes, swim hats and goggles available to purchase at the event
Staying Covid Safe
Swim Wild Wye are working within the latest government guidelines to keep everyone safe. In light of the recent rise in cases and localised lockdowns please be aware:
- All Swim Wild Wye events are held outdoors in small group settings
- Equipment hire (wetsuits and tow floats) are available - these are rinsed and sterilised prior to the event
- Swim Wild Wye are not able to hire swim hats, water shoes or goggles - we have a selection available to purchase at the event if you don't have your own
- We encourage you to maintain a safe social distance at all times
- Where possible, please ensure you can zip up your own wetsuit
- Hand sanitiser will be available at each event, however please bring your own if you prefer
- Please do not attend any Swim Wild Wye event if you, or a member of your household, are displaying any Covid related symptoms
- Please do not attend any Swim Wild Wye event if you are coming from any of the lockdown counties
Is it for me?
To participate in this event you need to be able to swim 500m You will need to confirm this during registration so please read the declaration.
If you have any queries please contact me email@example.com
Night Swim - Usk£40.00+£1.00 service fee