Fri, 13 Oct|
Night Swim - Lake
Join outdoor & wild swim specialist Angela Jones and safety team for guided night swim in a Private lake in 200 acres of beautiful Monmouthshire countryside.
Time & Location
13 Oct 2023, 19:00 – 21:00 BST
NP25 4DY, Dingestow, Monmouth NP25 4DY, UK
About the Event
Join outdoor and wild swim specialist Angela Jones in Oldlands Lake for a magical evening wild walk and Nocturnal Night Swim .
This session will take place in the glorious surroundings of Old lands Lake . Angela will share swimming and safety technique and advice and guidance on night swimming to help you enjoy swimming wild and embrace elements.
- Event led by highly qualified & fully insured wild swim specialist Angela Jones
- Angela has over 30 years experience swimming the river Wye & Usk
- Welcome & safety briefing
- Advice on night swimming
- Water entry and acclimatisation techniques
- Guidance on swim techniques
- Water safety and event support team
- 1K wild walk along banks of lake
- Hot drink and cake
- Wetsuit avilable to hire
- Tow floats included
- Goggles, head torches, swim hats, water shoes and tow floats available to purchase at event
Meeting Time & Location
- Oldlands Lake Dingestow near Raglan
- NP 25 4DY
Old Lands / Dingestow Court Estate (Postcode NP25 4DY; OS Grid Reference SO450097) is part of the Dingestow Court estate, and is located just west of the village of Dingestow, 6 km west of Monmouth.There are main roads to Old Lands/Dingestow Court from the south (A449 from Newport), west (A40 from Abergavenny) or east (M50/A40 from Monmouth/Ross-on-Wye). Leave at the A40-A449 junction adjacent to Raglan and drive east on the minor road signed to Raglan and Mitchel Troy (this is a dangerous junction, so please take great care). After just over 1 mile turn left at a cross roads, where the opposite right turn is signed to Penyclawdd and a fishery. After another 600 m turn right at the T junction, with a group of Scots Pines to your right. The drive to Old Lands is on the right after another 200m, with signs saying Old Lands and Gwent Wildlife Trust. Turn in there and the visitor's car park is on the left. For over spill use the Gwent Wildlife car park. What three words ///piglet.superbly.quench
Please look out for Swim Wild Wye Sign at entrance.
Please do wait in carpark and do not walk down to lake unless your with Angela.
Equipment & What you need to take part
- Arrive in your swim suit with casual training clothes over the top
- Wetsuit (can be hired if needed)
- Towfloat (included)
- Head torch (essential)
- Suitable water shoes with a good grip (essential)
- Swim hat (essential)
- Warm clothes and bobble hat for after swim
- Wetsuits available to hire
- Towfloats included
- Head torches, change robes, towel robes, towfloats, water shoes, swim hats and goggles available to purchase at the event
Staying Covid Safe
Swim Wild Wye are working within the latest government guidelines to keep everyone safe. In light of the recent rise in cases and localised lockdowns please be aware:
- All Swim Wild Wye events are held outdoors in small group settings
- Equipment hire (wetsuits and tow floats) are available - these are rinsed and sterilised prior to the event
- Swim Wild Wye are not able to hire swim hats, water shoes or goggles - we have a selection available to purchase at the event if you don't have your own
- We encourage you to maintain a safe social distance at all times
- Where possible, please ensure you can zip up your own wetsuit
- Hand sanitiser will be available at each event, however please bring your own if you prefer
- Please do not attend any Swim Wild Wye event if you, or a member of your household, are displaying any Covid related symptoms
- Please do not attend any Swim Wild Wye event if you are coming from any of the lockdown counties
Is it for me?
To participate in this event you need to be able to swim 100m. You will need to confirm this during registration so please read the declaration.
If you have any queries please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Wild will always do its best to ensure your event goes ahead however we do reserve the right to alter your event location, time and / or date if necessary due to reasons beyond our control such as; safety issues, adverse weather conditions or extreme circumstances and no refunds will be available.
Night Swim - Old Lands lake
Night Swim and Hot drink & Cake£40.00+£1.00 service fee